Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day Two: June 11, 2011 (Mom's View)

FINALLY we have arrived at our first stop.  Ok we left nearly 20 hours late because everything under the sun (or gray sky) went wrong.  The delay gave me the opportunity to say “farewell” to the same people (Coraks☺) several times.  They are by far the best neighbors and second family, I could have ever wished for.  Thank God that we will have a lot of land in Texas because no neighbor could live up to the Coraks.   For all of you who live on Lindsay Avenue, sorry that our delay cost you space on the street.  We have always been secretly peeved at street-parkers but now we will have to just get over ourselves.  We were the ultimate in street-parkers with a 30-foot Class C RV and 18-foot car trailer with BMW parked on it.  We know and we are sorry!

As you know I am VERY new to this RV thing, so it won’t surprise you that when we arrived at our first RV resort, Lake Mayfield Lake & Resort, the shifting of our stuff didn’t occur to me.  I decide to clean the few cups and spoons in the sink, opened the overhead cabinet, and a box of six HEAVY porcelain mugs came crashing down on me.  My husband and kids heard them from outside and the various expletives that followed.  We are beginning our Road Trip down 2 mugs but 4 survived thus far.  Oh yeah the two broken ones landed on my head and chest before reaching their demise.

You may ask why we decided to stop only 100 miles away from Auburn.  Well, we were going to see Mt St Helens but with the delay of arrival we will have to forgo her majesty.  I am determined to make it down to Woodburn Company stores in Woodburn, Oregon as they open each wonderful store’s door.  Yes, I have my priorities a little mixed up right now, retail therapy over God’s beautiful nature but I promise to check out many picturesque natural wonders later in the travels!

1 comment:

  1. Things have been busy but have been reading here and there. This weekend I am going to start over again and really enjoy what you are doing here. What an opportunity for you all. A priceless vacation that you will ALWAYS remember. We have a pull behind camper we use often around Florida and enjoy it all. Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete