Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day Thirteen: June 22 (Mom's View)

Not much to tell about this day.  We spent 9 hours on the road trying to get out of Yosemite en route to Las Vegas.  There was a much faster route but it would’ve meant taking a mountain road that lacked a shoulder.  I have had too many of those kinds of roads during this trip so I am doing my darnedest to avoid them from now on.

We stopped at Bravo’s Cheese Farm in Traver, CA.  Delicious fresh cheeses and nuts.  I totally forgot that two of my FAVORITE things are from California (cheese and nuts)…and wine..and vegetables…and fruits.  Wait why don’t I live in California?!?    As I am trying the cheeses, I am picturing the commercials about California Cheeses and how the cows are happier than Wisconsin cows, which makes better cheese.  Sorry Wisconsin, there may be a little truth to that because it is some damn good cheese!

Since we haven’t reached Las Vegas yet and it is nearing 8pm, we decide to stay at Edwards Air Force Base (in the middle of nowhere), which has a nice FamCamp with full hookups.  A little eerie to hear TAPS played at 9pm, but that is military life.

No comments:

Post a Comment