Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day Three: June 12 (Mom's View)

Yeah Woodburn Day!!  I woke up bright and early so I could leave Washington and SHOP in Woodburn, OREGON.  Being RV newbies I took an extremely FREEZING cold shower because dumbie me didn’t know that I needed to turn on the Water Heater.  Guess I’m not going to look my best for the shopping trip, but at least I am clean under the layer of soap. 

After an RV-sick ride down I-5 (yes, I had to sleep in the back and yes I know that isn’t legal, but throwing up just wasn’t an option for me), we arrived at the outlets.  BTW we did bid “adieu” to Washington as we crossed the bridge to Portland, Oregon.  In true Pacific NW weather fashion, the skies opened up and poured out.  Oh well nothing is going to dampen my retail high.  Columbia for hiking gear and clothes…CHECK!  Cole Haan for belt…CHECK!  Coach for “practical purse”…CHECK! Calvin Klein for t-shirts….CHECK!  Damn it’s Sunday and the stores close early.  I didn’t even think of that and I am only halfway done.  So sad!

So we leave for the Oregon Coast but, Cord is in a panic because we have to be to the RV Resort by 11pm and our Garmin in giving an ETA of 10:45.  Then, as we drive along, it changes to 10:50…10:55…FINALLY 10:57!  We made it to the resort in the nick of time!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your RV-sickness was just a 1-time thing.

    I'm very disappointed that you went "practical" with the purse selection.

    Glad you were able to sneak in before curfew.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete