Monday, June 27, 2011

Day Four: June 13, 2011 (Mom's View)

RV life is getting easier.  Breakfast was a little smoother with pancakes and eggs.  We are staying at the Whaler’s Rest Resort.  It is huge!  It has mini golf, Frisbee Golf, Fenced Dog Run, Indoor Pool, etc. 

As Cord rearranges the storage, for the tenth time, I take the kids through the Nature Trails.  We see tons of banana slugs (SO GROSS) and many beautiful flowers.  We end at the Lost Creek Park on the beach but since we are wearing hiking boots, I decide that we will need to return later.  Of course the kids are begging to go on the beach…seriously kids don’t think!

We make it back to the RV and Cord is ready for adventure.  I decide to take a nap but the kids and dogs won’t let me so I go along for the beach adventure.  I am not a big fan of beach days in the Pacific NW.  Cold, wet, and NO SUN!  Seriously, what is the point of the beach without the prospect of getting a tan;)  I know that it is the beauty of the water and watching the kids play but it is COLD AND WET!  It was fun to watch Lucy, our year old basset hound frolic in the sand and water for her first time. 


Tonight was low-key.  FINALLY took a hot shower, so luxurious!  Then, pasta, martinis, and CABLE TV! It has been so weird to watch TV after a week of no TV.  I chose Bachelorette and then early to bed because we have a LONG drive ahead to California along the Coast Highway!

1 comment: