Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day Seven: June 16 (Mom's View)

Off to Napa we go!  I am so excited about this leg of the trip.  I have always wanted to go to Napa/Sonoma but Cord and I never seem to have the right timing.  We have plans of going to Napa (of course several wineries) and Jack London museum (Cameron’s favorite author) and hopefully, even San Francisco.  Fortunately from Cloverdale we only have a 2-hour trip so we plan on hitting one or two wineries on our way to the next RV resort.




Well, just got back to the RV from SodaRock winery.  DELICIOUS!  We really enjoyed their Zinfandel.  I didn’t think that I was much of a Zinfandel girl but this wine was AMAZING.  Our wine tasting host was Grace and she made it so much fun.  She taught us so many lingoes, which was humbling for Cord and me who have become our own kind of connoisseurs after “living” in Woodinville, WA.  SodaRock was dog friendly so the dogs and kids were able to join us in the beautiful tasting house.

So now we are on the road again.  I’ll get back on after the next winery.

Well there will not be another winery today.  Cord took a wrong turn (doesn’t understand our Garmin yet).  He got stuck on a road without a big turnaround so Cord had to improvise.  NEVER AGAIN!  He jackknifed the trailer and the side of the RV (bumper and damage to RV side).  Wow was he pissed!  I think that I’ll leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment